Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    muffy
    Participant

Hi,
    i try to add some old Dos-Games to DosBox. They run and everything is fine, but i want to have a better organisation in Emulationstation.

Normally i have the gamefolder with subfolders, the Game.exe and maybe some exe-files more. So i have to navigate in Emulationstation through the folders.

Is there anyway that i have only the name of the game in Emulationstation with an icon of the game, just like in all other consoles?
    So i don’t see all folders and subfolders.

dudleydes
    Participant

I have similar concerns so what I am thinking of doing is to create in the roms folders a pc-gamedata sub-folder where I would place the game data. In the pc folder, I would only include shell scripts. For example, to run Dangerous Dave, the script would be:

#!/bin/bash
    /opt/retropie/emulators/dosbox/bin/dosbox -c "mount c /home/pi/RetroPie/roms/pc-gamedata" -c "c:" -c "cd DDAVE" -c "DAVE.EXE" -c "exit"

DOSBox should be configured to run scripts from EmulationStation. If not, then update the RetroPie setup script and run the following command:

sudo ./retropie_packages.sh dosbox configure

I appreciate it’s a lot of work creating scripts, especially if you have a lot of games but it will give a neater appearance in ES.

For more info, please check at my tutorial at link below:
    http://dosonthepi.blogspot.co.uk/2015/01/run-dos-games-in-retropie_15.html

dudleydes
    Participant

Alternatively, keep the game data where it is, in the pc folder. Edit es_systems.cfg so that the the <extension> tag for the pc entry reads:

<extension>.sh .SH</extension>

This way, only scripts will appear in ES. You may have to delete the gamelist.xml file in the pc folder for the effects to take place.

muffy
    Participant

Thank you, it worked !

But there were 2 files in the folder /PC. dosbox.sh and another file. I thought that i can delete this files.
    Now my Dosgames don’t start.

Can somebody upload this 2 files for me please ? :(

dudleydes
    Participant

You need the +Start DOSBox.sh file. You can regenerate it by running the commands:

cd RetroPie-Setup
    sudo ./retropie_packages.sh dosbox configure

You will need to re-edit es_systems.cfg if that’s how you chose to do it.

muffy
    Participant

I have another question.

I have an old orginal cd of “Die Siedler” and i try to install it to DosBox.

I have copied the files of the CD to /home/pi/RetroPie/roms/PCtemp/siedler

In DosBox i wrote:
    mount c /home/pi/RetroPie/roms/PCtemp/siedler
    c:
    install.exe

I came to the install menue and try to install it to:
    C:\

But then i get an error, that he cant copy the files.

So how can i fix this Problem? Do i have to use an image of the cd ?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.