Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    skater_j10
    Participant

This is reposted from the Raspi Forums, figured I might get more answers here.

I’m also not too sure about what I’m doing wrong with the Doom emulator, I figured it’d be as simple as throwing a .WAD file into the Doom rom folder and off you go but that wasn’t the case. Do you need a certain type of .wad because the one I grabbed was just a certain map I beleive? I know…noob questions here, I played Doom when it first came out but wasn’t really experienced enough to be part of the community that came up with all the additions/hacks.

petrockblog
    Keymaster

I am also no expert for all the user mods. However, I have a file “Doom.WAD” and a file “Doom 2.WAD”, which can simply be copied into the roms/doom directory to be ready to use.

The music files for these games must be configured/installed somehow different, maybe someone else could explain this here?

skater_j10
    Participant

So I took the plunge and purchased DOOM Ultimate from ID Software and was able to get a “DOOM.WAD” file, threw it in the Doom Roms folder and I was good to go! Thanks again for the help petrockblog!

I was just looking for a .wad file that would allow me to test out the game before I made the decision to buy it, but I just gave in and purchased it to make my life easier. Everything works great,  actually I can’t believe how fast it is and it works with gamepad controls too!

My only minor complaints are that I’d have to reduce my display size to be able to see the top text properly on my composite LCD and the buttons are mapped kinda weird on the gamepad but I can fix that in retroarch.cfg for DOOM, just too lazy.

petrockblog
    Keymaster

Glad to hear!

Did you also set up the music already?

skater_j10
    Participant

Naw, I haven’t had time to look into it sorry.

petrockblog
    Keymaster

No worries :-)

SleepingYeti

Drop your .wad file in the directory /home/pi/RetroPie/roms/ports/doom.

If you open up the file called “Doom 1 shareware.sh in the /home/pi/Retropie/roms/ports directory in a text editor you will notice a reference to “doom1.wad” towards the end. Change this to the name of the .wad file you want and save under a different name in the same directory.

When you next run emulationstation, your new .sh file should appear in the ports menu.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.