Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    MarcoCol
    Participant

Hi,

If setup my retro pi about 9 months ago. About 250 MAME games run, but a lot of didn’t!
    For example Donkey Kong. Is there a chance to get it running? Can I simple make an own game-zip, with the missing files which I got shown when start a version?

petrockblog
    Keymaster
    zerojay
    Participant

Donkey Kong runs fine, you just aren’t using a ROM that matches the version of MAME being used.

dookeedoo
    Participant

I’m also having a problem with a few roms including Donkey Kong. I understand that I probably have a rom that doesn’t match Mame4all in my case, but how do I know what Rom version I do have? I am extremely new to this so please excuse my lack of knowledge. Is there a way to fix the rom that I have with some sort of update?

Thanks

zerojay
    Participant

See the wiki page posted above.

darksavior
    Participant

Donkey kong “runs” but it’s not fine. Sound effects are missing from every version of fba and mame except for mame 2010. But it freezes a few seconds in..
    I only tried the first set “dkong.zip”, so I’m not sure if any alternative sets have sound effects.

Like shinobi..ugh. That one took me a while..only Set 2 and 2010 plays with the proper sound effects. 2003 works but some music channels cut out.

petrockblog
    Keymaster

you need samples for donkey kong on earlier mame (runs fine on mame4all with a samples pack)

darksavior
    Participant

ah. good to know, thanks

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.