Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I just did a RetroPie setup for my 7yo son. He’s loving the SNES, Atari2600, and Genesis games and it’s awesome to see him playing the same stuff I did as a kid.

But it’s in his room I don’t want him playing it all the time. Is there something I can setup in Linux to keep emulationstation from running during certain times of the day?

It’s not connected to the network. I am adept at linux, so if I have to roll my own cron job I can do that.

Thanks

RetroMarine
    Participant

You could try being a parent and telling your son not to play during certain hours or you’ll bust his ass!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mutex
    Participant

[quote=6622]You could try being a parent and telling your son not to play during certain hours or you’ll bust his ass!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    [/quote]

What a useful answer…

You could create a cron job that removes and adds the permission for execution from the emulationstation binary. After that the GUI can only be started during certain hours. But that would only stop emulationstation from working. The different emulators would still be executable.

phipix01
    Participant

or you could cut the line from rc.local (i guess) that runs ES, run your own script instead where you check what time it is and them if the time is allright you paste the line which runs ES, else you poweroff. i don’t think your 7yo son would get around this :D

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.