Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project Direct loading from Emulation Station main menu

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    mr2mas
    Participant

Hello all… I’m new to both the RPi as well as RetroPie so please excuse me. I could some help though…

My setup: RPi 2B running RetroPie 3.1 installed by the RetroPie SD image

I was able to install Kodi and Minecraft Pi from the experimental menu. I even was successful enough to move these application/game from the Ports menu and into the main menu with customized graphics.

The only thing I wish it would do is boot directly into the application. Right now, they still go into a sub-menu and I have to boot from there. Is there anyway I can change this? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

herbfargus

https://github.com/RetroPie/EmulationStation/pulls

If you’re comfortable compiling it yourself. It’s not currently supported.

kemo87
    Participant

I even was successful enough to move these application/game from the Ports menu and into the main menu with customized graphics.

Pls, explane how. thx..

mr2mas
    Participant

Moving them into the main menu was pretty easy… You just add the following to /etc/emulationstation/es_systems.cfg

<system>
        <name>Kodi</name>
        <fullname>Kodi</fullname>
        <path>~/RetroPie/roms/Kodi</path>
        <extension>.sh .SH</extension>
        <command>%ROM%</command>
        <platform>kodi</platform>
        <theme>kodi</theme>
      </system>
      <system>
        <name>Minecraft</name>
        <fullname>minecraft-pi</fullname>
        <path>~/RetroPie/roms/Minecraft</path>
        <extension>.sh .SH</extension>
        <command>%ROM%</command>
        <platform>Minecraft</platform>
        <theme>Minecraft</theme>
      </system>

Then I copied the .sh files from ~/RetroPie/roms/ports folder into their own respective paths.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.