Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

So when I start a genesis/megadrive rom from EmulationStation then it goes to the command line and back to the frontend. When I quit from ES then I don’t see any error message, but I can’t write anything to the console…

Now what can I do?

petrockblog
    Keymaster

Which Genesis game are you trying to start in particular? What is the file name of the ROM?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Sonic the Hedgehog.  But after the 1.3 update it now works fine. But I still have a question: How to use RetroPie in portrait mode? If I start debian in portrait mode it just stops.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Sorry for doublepost!

*If I start Debian in Portait mode and I start an emulator, I get a black screen.

extraresolution
    Participant

Hello,

Firstly, thanks for working on such an excellent project! I’m thoroughly enjoying some retro gaming but unfortunately I’m suffering the same issue as the andriii25 above. When loading sega roms, i get a commandline dgen not found error and the game doesn’t load.

I’ve compiled with sourcecode based installation on setup yesterday (23rd March)

Please help, any advice much appreciated!

extraresolution

skater_j10
    Participant

Hey guys, I’ve done a bit of research on the Raspi forums and found that Dgen doesn’t work with Composite (RCA) video out for some reason. Switch to HDMI and you’ll be ok. I hope that someone can figure this issue out, as Dgen runs much faster that Genesis-Plus-GX (which does work with RCA out).

For now you can use:

COMMAND=retroarch -L /home/pi/RetroPie/emulatorcores/Genesis-Plus-GX/genesis_plus_gx_libretro.so –config /home/pi/RetroPie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg %ROM%

in your es_system.cfg file (under DESCNAME=Sega Mega Drive / Genesis) to be able to use RCA video with a Genesis emulator, Sonic is unplayable but at least there’s columns.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.