Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Inactive

Hi Retropie community,

i tried everything to get the game DemonFront to work. I tried the V1.05 rom with different emulators and various pgs bios files but nothing works.

Can someone give me an advice?
    Thanks in advance.

zerojay
    Participant

I’d like to help you but I have no idea what console that game is for, what emulator you are using, etc…

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi,

Demonfront is an arcade game. I thought it should run under FBA-next but it doesnt.

shoothere
    Participant

Judging from the quick google search it requires a special version of mame (the FBA one seems exotic) and I am not quite sure which version it requires but have you tried different version of MAME?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yes, i tried them all. I moved the rom to the mame directory and then tried every possible emu then. I saw a video on youtube from someone playing it on the pi. Although it was recalbox i think.

YouTube

Watch from 3:50.

dankcushions
    Participant

demon front works fine with lr-fba-next. fullspeed on the pi3 as far as i can tell, maybe a little bit of lag

you also need to make sure you have pgm.zip in your /roms/arcade/ or /roms/fba/ folder (wherever your dmnfront.zip file is)

katsudoro
    Participant

Demon Front works almost perfectly on lr-fba-next. I’ve been trying to run the game for months with no results, then once I switched to the raspberry pi 3 and I made a fresh new install I added to the rom folder not only the pgm bios but also the file isgsm.zip (obviously make sure you have the proper romset for the lr-fba-next) and now all the pgm games work flawlessly. Let me know if you need further help, I can understand the frustration you are going through and since I’ve been there, I’ll do whatever I can to help you lol.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for your help, but this game isn’t working for me. Either i have a bad rom (although i tried various sourcers/versions) or the BIOS file isnt the right one (also tried different pgm.zips).

Or is it the wrong combination?

dankcushions
    Participant

there’s only one right version for each file 0.2.97.37 – see https://github.com/retropie/retropie-setup/wiki/Managing-ROMs

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘New to RetroPie? Start Here!’ is closed to new topics and replies.