Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project Deleting/Hiding specific Emulators

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    sauerkraut
    Participant

Hi @all,
    yesterday i bought my first RPi and i’m completely blown away by that little thing. I especially wanted to thank @petrockblog for all his work on RetroPi. With all of your tutorials/help I was able to setup my own RetroPi with Xbox-360-controllers nearly without any issues at all. Coming from a debian beginner (not a total dau, but close) that should mean something. So kudos! :)

Finally to my question:
    I can’t see myself using some of the emulators that can be found in the menus by default (e.g. the Duke Nukem Shareware one). Is there a way to delete or at least “hide” those, so that they don’t come up in the menus?

It’s no biggy that you can see them, but it would streamline the whole experience if I could get rid of ’em. But i don’t want to tinker around without any guidance, so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
    sauerkraut

Idris_Arslanian
    Participant

I believe you just have to comment out (# at beginning of line) the emulators you do not want in the emulationstation config file (es_systems.cfg).

sauerkraut
    Participant

Seems to do the trick and is easily reversible. Thank you so much. That’s why you should ask pros. ;)

Fettkraut
    Participant

Or you can delete the start.txt file inside the rom folders…

Anonymous
    Inactive

Commenting into /etc/emulationstation/es_systems.cfg (that’s the correct path!) gave me errors! So i made a copy to be safe, and deleted unwanted sections. So for example now emulationstation have only MAME :)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.