Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I have been installing retro pie for 3 days now 2 fresh installs. I have successfully learned so much. How to manually configure a wifi. set up 2 ps3 controllers to sync up. and much more.

My problem now is the controller use.

I have a rpi2 with all the latest software. I have 2 ps3 controllers linked up led controller 1 and 2 are lit on the respective controllers.

I load up the snes rom and the ps3 controller is unresponsive only the keyboard works. I have NO idea what to do next.

lividhatter
    Participant

Which snes emulator are you using? Its possible you arent using libretro emulator. My guess is you have configured libretro controlls, but not the others.

thefoxhole
    Participant

I am using the stock 2 SNES emulators.

davejaca
    Participant

first of all, I am wondering if you ran the gamepad configuration tool in retropie_setup.sh. Make sure you only have one controller connected when you do this, just in case. Check here if you have not and need help: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySoTQhQqZdI&t=574

If you did do this successfully, put your snes roms in the ‘snes’ folder, not the other two and your ps3 controls should just work!

**side note: if you have roms in other snes folders you will have multiple options for snes on your emulationstation home screen (look closely), and wont be able to tell which is which. Just make sure you have roms in the snes folder (not snes-pisnes or snes-snes9xrpi), and try them all till one works!

Let me know how you go.

thefoxhole
    Participant

I’ve set up the ps3 controller up through retroarch controller setup but it still won’t register in the emulator.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.