Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Controller Configuration in RetroPie Custom Controls for PSX (3.0 beta 2)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    geofftherobot
    Participant

Hi All,

I have a Logitech F310 that works well across the board, and the configuration specified in /opt/retropie/emulators/retroarch/configs is successfully read and followed by RetroArch. Since the F310s buttons are positioned like Xbox 360 buttons, I’ve bound them as such (A is my bottom button, B is my right side button, etc.).

On the PSX, though, I’d much rather bind the controls differently, such that circle (which is natively seen as A) is on the right, triangle is on top, etc. My understanding is that by placing lines like

input_b_btn = "0"
    input_y_btn = "2"
    input_a_btn = "1"
    input_x_btn = "3"

in the system-specific retroarch.cfg at /opt/retropie/configs/psx/retroarch.cfg, I could overwrite my global controls. However retroarch appears not to read this, as no controls change. I tried placing these lines on top of and under the #include line, and neither worked. I also tried rebinding my controller in the in-game menu, and they worked at that point but as soon as I exited the game, no longer existed. Also, doing this rebinding did not write any files to the /opt/retropie/configs/psx/ directory (I think it’s supposed to).

Is this the right place to be putting these lines? Anyone else having trouble with this?

PS: I will note that I initially had trouble binding my controller through retropie-config and had to write a file manually, but don’t know if that’s related.

flipbug
    Participant

Hi there! I have 2x Logitech F710s which have the same buttons, so I’m in the same camp as you.

You’re right in that defining a PSX-specific retroarch.cfg will override any settings you define just for PSX.

Here’s my /PSX/retroarch.cfg. You may be able to copy-paste it directly, as I bet your button layout is the same.

#include "/opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg"
    # All settings made here will override the global settings for the current emulator core
    input_remapping_directory = /opt/retropie/configs/psx/
    rewind_enable = false

input_player1_joypad_index = "0"
    input_player1_b_btn = "1"
    input_player1_y_btn = "0"
    input_player1_a_btn = "2"
    input_player1_x_btn = "3"
    input_player1_l_btn = "4"
    input_player1_r_btn = "5"
    input_player1_l2_axis = "+2"
    input_player1_r2_axis = "+5"
    input_player1_l3_btn = "9"
    input_player1_r3_btn = "10"
    input_player1_l_x_plus_btn = "h0right"
    input_player1_l_x_minus_btn = "h0left"
    input_player1_l_y_plus_btn = "h0down"
    input_player1_l_y_minus_btn = "h0up"
    input_player1_r_x_plus_axis = "+3"
    input_player1_r_x_minus_axis = "-3"
    input_player1_r_y_plus_axis = "+4"
    input_player1_r_y_minus_axis = "-4"

input_player2_joypad_index = "1"
    input_player2_b_btn = "1"
    input_player2_y_btn = "0"
    input_player2_a_btn = "2"
    input_player2_x_btn = "3"
    input_player2_l_btn = "4"
    input_player2_r_btn = "5"
    input_player2_l2_axis = "+2"
    input_player2_r2_axis = "+5"
    input_player2_l3_btn = "9"
    input_player2_r3_btn = "10"
    input_player2_l_x_plus_btn = "h0right"
    input_player2_l_x_minus_btn = "h0left"
    input_player2_l_y_plus_btn = "h0down"
    input_player2_l_y_minus_btn = "h0up"
    input_player2_r_x_plus_axis = "+3"
    input_player2_r_x_minus_axis = "-3"
    input_player2_r_y_plus_axis = "+4"
    input_player2_r_y_minus_axis = "-4"
    flipbug
    Participant

Looking at my code next to yours, it looks like you’ve just used the wrong codewords. There were some changes to these when 2.4 came out. I had the same problem.

geofftherobot
    Participant

Thank you so much! That was the problem. For those who may have the issue in the future, I was using the variable names from a per-controller config (the one called LogitechGamepadF310.cfg). If you want to override these in retroarch.cfg for a system (or globally) you need to use the values that flipbug showed.

Mapping for the F310 is a little different than the F710, so I ended up with:

input_player1_joypad_index = "0"
    input_player1_b_btn = "0"
    input_player1_y_btn = "2"
    input_player1_a_btn = "1"
    input_player1_x_btn = "3"
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Controller Configuration in RetroPie’ is closed to new topics and replies.