Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Before anyone bashes me for not reading the forum before posting, I have. I have read just about every controller config tut and even followed along with Floob and TechTipsta on youtube.

My problem:
    My configs are not saving or reverting when I launch any EMU from retroarch. I have done the retroarch controller configuration and even tried obscure button combos and they dont take in the EMU. The only config working is the initial retropi menu config. I have deleved all configs multiple times from /opt/retropie/configs/all/(controller) cant remember off the top of my head the last folder for retro joypad configs but you get the picture. I was thinking maybe I would need to reflash retropie and start from scratch but I wanted to hear from the pros first.

2nd, when launching the retroarch controller config, it only asks for buttons X, B, Y, A, and L/R shoulder top/bottom plus D-Pad and left/right axis. If I wanted to config a Sega Saturn type 6 button + shoulder how would I add the other 2 buttons? Would I have to manually enable input for button “x” in the config file?

Thank you everyone and thank you to all the devs. Keep up the amazing work!

DFL

dixeflatline
    Participant

I think I have this resolved. I formatted the SDcard and re-imaged RetroPie 3 b4. I ran through all the normal configurations and then set up controllers. They are now mapped correctly.

Though my 2nd question is still present. If I have a sega 6 button like controller + 2 bumbers, do I need to manually configure the 2 not listed if the controller script?

Thanks,
    DFL

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Controller Configuration in RetroPie’ is closed to new topics and replies.