Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Controller Configuration in RetroPie custom controller config for single emulators

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    tardis
    Participant

im very new to retropie and linux in general.
    I need to know how to set custom contoller configs, in particular for the nes system. i have a usb contoller and im running 3.0

the nes a and b buttons by default are hard to use in the current default position, same as in gba.

thanks in advance

dashizzle
    Participant

In the /opt/retropie/configs/<emulator name>/retroarch.cfg you can insert the custom controls here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tardis
    Participant

[quote=104660]In the /opt/retropie/configs/<emulator name>/retroarch.cfg you can insert the custom controls here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[/quote]

can I do that in windows or do i have to go on the rpi for that?

yes i’m that new to this,lol

tardis
    Participant

is there something special i have to do to edit that?

randybaton
    Participant

Has to be done on your pi, but you can acces your pie from windows using SHH. You should be able to ignore steps 1 and 2 as SHH is included and turned on by default in retropie.

http://www.modmypi.com/blog/remotely-accessing-the-raspberry-pi-via-ssh-console-mode

When in a terminal session on you r pi type sudo nanoo opt/retropie/configs/<emulator name>/retroarch.cfg

and enter the custom mapping information in the text editor teh ctrl + x to exit and save.

Custom control information here:

https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie-Setup/wiki/RetroArch-Configuration

petrockblog
    Keymaster

you can also edit those files from retropie-setup “Edit RetroPie/RetroArch configurations” under supplementary menu. saves dropping to terminal etc.

tardis
    Participant

great! i got it to work, i had some trouble with exactly how to put it in there, but i eventually figured it out. thanks everyone!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Controller Configuration in RetroPie’ is closed to new topics and replies.