Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Peoples Projects Custom 3D Printed Case

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    smartroad
    Participant

Work in progress, will be starting print tomorrow but thought I would share the concept so far.

Print finished and successful :D

Available at: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1077472

Base Printed

[attachment file=”Front Right.png”]

[attachment file=”Rear Left.png”]

momaw27
    Participant

I like it. Looks like you’re throwing some SNES ports in the front?

smartroad
    Participant

[quote=107938]I like it. Looks like you’re throwing some SNES ports in the front?

[/quote]

Glad you like, just about to start the print :) I am going to put some SNES ports on front. Originally I was planning on just having it like a console with only those ports, but I really wanted to be able to use the new Amiga emulator for the PI 2. So thought about ways t get the USB ports out. Initially I was stuck thinking about getting small extension and panel mounted options. Then I had a flash of inspiration to just have a gap where the USB ports are in the case, mainly as I had visited a computer history museum that morning and I remembered the BBC Micro and the way its parallel and floppy ports were on the underside LOL.

smartroad
    Participant

Updated first post with picture of the base finishing printing :-)

On our way :-D

momaw27
    Participant

Wow man. that’s really looking good!

smartroad
    Participant

Print has been finished and is working well :D In total it was about 14 hours worth of printing in there. Really happy with the final look – can you guess which system I took inspiration from for the colour scheme? ;)

smartroad
    Participant

I have updated the design, there is also now an option for the petRockBlock PowerBlock. An opening is on the side of the case for the microUSB connector, a 5mm hole on the front for an LED and an opening on the side for a rocker switch (opening 19.5 x 13mm).

rdhanded2
    Participant

If someone was to print this at home what is the cost roughly to print it as far as materials go?

smartroad
    Participant

[quote=113803]If someone was to print this at home what is the cost roughly to print it as far as materials go?

[/quote]

The base uses about 20M of filament (50g)
    The upper case uses 24M (58g)
    The cover uses 18M (44g)

Total of 62 meters or 152g of filament.

Depending on who you buy filament from anything from about £5 up to £10 :) Hope this helps :D

rdhanded2
    Participant

That does. Thanks!

smartroad
    Participant

Further refinements to the design. Ports line up much better and have more robust stand-offs. Also there is now a non-SNES version that can house PetRockBlog’s Power Block :D

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘Peoples Projects’ is closed to new topics and replies.