Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project Create a favorites section in emulationstation

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    dougyfresh
    Participant

Hi everyone, I recently got my retropie set up and have been enjoying it. However, I was wondering if there is a way I could set up a special listing of favorite games. I would like to have a special section for my wife and one for my nieces and nephews to help quickly find the games they commonly play. Anyone know if this is possible?

Floob

Maybe you could edit the gamelist.xml to have some dummy aesthetic values to show the favourite section.

ericahlers
    Participant

Any updates or ideas about artifically creating a “favorite” section or “Sort by Favorite”?
    Currently I have manually tweaked the playcount of my “favorite” roms for each system to 999, so they appear on the top of the roms list. But ideally, I’d like to be able to mark each game as a favorite and not have to worry about the artificial playcount changing the listing order of the games.

EDIT: This doesn’t actually work all that well, as sorting by “Play Count, descending” puts the rest of the games in reverse alphabetical order. Additionally, everytime you quit emulationstation and restart, it defaults back to sorting by name instead of playcount.

Anyone have any ideas on a workaround for what I am trying to achieve?

ericahlers
    Participant

Anyone have any ideas or more knowledge about this subject? I’d Appreciate it.

petrockblog
    Keymaster

Feed it back to the emulationstation project maybe (there might be a ticket open already for it)

Phiben
    Participant

Any improvements at this issue? A favourites function is so much needed!

Floob

[quote=102445]Any improvements at this issue? A favourites function is so much needed!

[/quote]

Is this what you mean?
    https://github.com/Aloshi/EmulationStation/issues/112

kitchuk
    Participant

Hey guys. You could try creating folders in the specific console folder and then giving them numbers. This will put them at the top of the list every time.

For example if there is multiple users make a folder called ‘1.Name’ and ‘2.Name’ ect and then put the ROMs in those folders. This is one work around to create favourite folders for each user.

pfunk237
    Participant

It would be cool to just change the font color…then it would stand out on a large list. kind of like Mac labels.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.