Homepage Forums RetroPie Project New to RetroPie? Start Here! Couple of issues with 3.0 RC1

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    davidga
    Participant

Trying out RetroPie for the first time, most things seem great, but have a couple of issues.

My PS3 controller, although it seems to work fine, needs configuring every single time I reboot. I have to hold down a button and then assign all the buttons each time. Is there a way of getting it to remember?

Secondly, MegaDrive emulation doesn’t work with zipped roms. You have to unzip them to make then work. Is this a known issue?

I’m running 3.0 RC1 from the preconfigured SD image on a Pi 2.

Thanks.

herbfargus

Ps3 controller issue is known- none of the main devs have a ps3 controller to test with so its hard for them to solve it without one.

And the zip issue is also known. I usually just extract all my zipped roms (minus the mame and FBA ROMs as those need to be zipped) not sure if its retroarch or specific to retropie. If you’re concerned about space you can mount external harddrives/USB sticks , use NAS, or upgrade your SD card to a 64GB micro SD.

davidga
    Participant

If a dev would like to contact me I will happily buy them a PS3 controller!

petrockblog
    Keymaster

Thanks btw – Just to let people know I have answered – am waiting on a reply from a local friend regarding a loan first, but if not, I will certainly take the offer – and thanks again.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘New to RetroPie? Start Here!’ is closed to new topics and replies.