Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project Could someone their retroarch.cfg?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi,
    After using various controllers and manually editing the retroarcg.cfg file on /all, i’ve managed to have duplicates of almost every control mapping, which results in buttons doing the wrong thing or nothing at all. It would be great if someone could upload their own retroarch.cfg so I could edit it and get my controller working without having to reinstall and add ROMs again. I’m running the latest RetroPie SD card image if that makes any difference to the cfg file. Thanks! :)

tokenhole
    Participant

Before you lose your sanity in frustration (as I almost did).

Have you tried setting up your controls using the Retroarch Joyconfig tool?

Type:
    cd RetroPie/emulators/RetroArch/tools *Press Enter*
    ./retroarch-joyconfig >> ~/RetroPie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg *Press Enter*

Follow the prompts to set up your game controller. The output will be placed in
    RetroPie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg

Even if it doesn’t end up working properly (I found it didn’t pick up my analog
    sticks correctly). It gives you a good idea as to the actual button numbering
    vs the numbering on the controller.

If you have 2 identical controllers, you can copy and paste the control settings
    of Player 1 just below and change the Player number from 1 to 2 and the control
    index from 0 to 1.

Let me know if you’d still like me to upload my retroarch.cfg file. It looks
    strange when viewed in notepad from a Windows PC, so is best viewed on the Pi
    itself.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi,
    I’ve tried multiple times with retroarch-joyconfig and it hasnt solved my problem
    :( Please could you upload your retroarch.cfg? That would be awsome cheers :)

tokenhole
    Participant

I’ve attached my Retoarch config file from my configs/all directory. I’m using generic PS2 style controllers by Dragonrise inc.

Hope it helps.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks! I’ll update if it works :)

Anonymous
    Inactive

Well it’s better than it was before but the buttons do different things in each emulator and the enable_hotkey button (select) seems to be on whatever happens :/ off to bed now but will try again tommorow…mite give ES Config a try…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.