Homepage Forums RetroPie Project New to RetroPie? Start Here! Controllers not working in ROMS

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    sparky3903
    Participant

Hey, I am very, very new to RetroPie. First off, I think its awesome, my boys are going to love it. I have it setup on the pi 2 and the controller is working great in the UI. I can go through all the different emulators and such. I added a bunch of ROMs for SNES and for Genesis. Once I select the ROM and it boots up my controllers stop working. I can’t do anything but pull the plug on the pi 2 and reboot it.

Any help would be great.

Sparky

herbfargus

Without more details its hard for people to know how to help.

Suggestion to get support with your problems

Which controller(s) are you using? Which version of retropie?

sparky3903
    Participant

Sorry, I installed version 3 and I am trying Logitech gamepad F310. It works great in the UI itself and in the emulators of the games that came with the install. I added in Super Mario 3 for my kids under the NES in the roms section. It shows up in the UI now to play but the controller doesn’t work. Same with one in the genesis and one in the N64. Seems like anything I have added isn’t working.

Thanks.

herbfargus

I don’t know how to fix that as I don’t have that controller. But some others seem to have gotten it to work:

https://m.reddit.com/r/RetroPie/comments/2r6geu/logitech_f310_retropie_help/

https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie-Setup/wiki/Setting-up-the-XBox360-controller

jbfortune
    Participant

If you go into the individual retroarch.cfg file locaterd in /opt/retropie/configs/nes and add in

input_player1_joypad_index = 0 <—– being the number of your pad (can see this at the bottom of the screen when loading a rom)

Save the file and try again?

sparky3903
    Participant

Awesome guys, I will try it out tonight.

herbfargus

if not I just ordered three of the same controller and I’ll work on it in the coming weeks once they get here

sparky3903
    Participant

Wow, great. That worked. Thanks again, awesome.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘New to RetroPie? Start Here!’ is closed to new topics and replies.