Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project Controllers not picking up in emulators

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    foob
    Participant

I am having major issues getting a controller to work within the emulators of retropie.

Upon writing the image, i plug in a single USB controller (a simple logitech 10 button, 1 dpad controller). when running the first time setup, the controller is recognised perfectly fine and runs exactly as it should within the menus. However, when loading a game the controller always seems to default to the keyboard, regardless of the setting.

I have run retroarch-joyconfig multiple times, and output the config into the ALL configs and even copied seperate ones into each emulator tried. pressing F1 in the emulators shows the primary controller set to joypad but its still the keyboard. i have everything updated via raspi-setup and retropie_setup.sh and even booting up without a keyboard plugged in still doesnt work. i have also tried removing all entries of the keyboard out of the cfg files.

i don’t have any idea what else i can try.

koala3
    Participant

My control wouldn’t work in games until I did the controller config inside of emulationstation and ticked the retroarch box in there.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.