Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project Controller #'s for PS3 controllver Via USB

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Cael
    Participant

i managed to for now whie i wait for answers on the raspberryPi forums about the 360 controller and xboxdrv, i got the PS3 (Sony) controller working using this: http://booting-rpi.blogspot.ro/2012/08/dualshock-3-and-raspberry-pi.html

the numbers i got from mine are:

O=13 X=14 SQ=15 Tri12

rightD 5
    Left D=7
    Up D=4
    down D=6

sel=0
    start3

(sorry i didnt write down offhand what L1/2 R1/2 and L3/R3 were because recognition is… “Buggy” at best. would probbly be better if i had tghe pi on an  higher PSU (using an 1.2A atm as it seems like the power comming from my 2A PSU isnt clean (i was getting false mmc time out errors on my SD Card and went away after changing PSU’s)

petrockblog
    Keymaster

Great!

You are invited to add this information to the wiki :-)

Cael
    Participant

Done i just recently woke up so if it needs any polishing. be my guest but the nitty gritty is up :3

petrockblog
    Keymaster

Thanks for adding that article!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Just wondering. My Raspberry Pi has only 2 usb ports. How do you juggle the three devices during the config? The three devices being the bluetooth dongle, the keyboard, and the sony ps3 joypad?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Powered USB hub, probably.

mistertml
    Participant

Hi

I have just installed retropie but dont have a Bluetooth dongle to use with my PS3 controller. Is it possible to just plug the ps3 controller wired via USB and will it work then? as I am struggling with this at the mo!
    Thanks in advance

imnew
    Participant

[quote=2884]Hi
    I have just installed retropie but dont have a Bluetooth dongle to use with my PS3 controller. Is it possible to just plug the ps3 controller wired via USB and will it work then? as I am struggling with this at the mo! Thanks in advance
    [/quote]

I’m wondering the same thing – did you get this working?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.