Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi all ! I want to give a shot at snes9x rpi because I really enjoy mario kart with my friends and would prefer to play it with the number on the bottom right corner of the screen.

I tried it, everything works well but for the life of me I can’t figure how to map my controller. (And trust me I searched)

If you know please take a minute to tell me what I have to do to fix this.

Thanks a lot !

GameRockeR
    Participant

Go to this folder /opt/retropie/emulators/pisnes, edit the file snes9x.cfg in the [Joystick] configurations.

jmaxime89
    Participant

I think I already gave it a try, I’ll double check in a minute.

So just to make sure, editing this in the pisnes section will change the config for the snes9x emulator ?

Nothing else to do beside that ?

jmaxime89
    Participant

Yeah, I already editted that file and none of my controls changed. I used the same numbers for my buttons as those I used in retroarch

GameRockeR
    Participant

pisnes and snes9x are the same emulator if I remember correctly, both have the same compatibility, same issues (no chip fx games, weird sound) but super mario kart runs good, pocket snes libretro core wont show the position number.

jmaxime89
    Participant

Well I guess I’ll leave this behind and play it with pocketsnes as it plays everything pretty good.

I don’t understand why I can’t change the controls though

Thanks again for taking the time to reply to me, I really appreciate it

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.