Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project Controller Issues with SNES and Atari 2600

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    teeth03
    Participant

Setup:

Model B 512
    16GB SD card
    1A HTC Charger
    2x Retro Link USB SNES Controllers
    NOOBS 1.2 installed Rasbian
    64MB GPU Memory
    Retro-Pie installation script (binary install)

SNES Issues:

Basically, everything works fine, until I try to play Donkey Kong Country, and the 2nd controller stops working. The emulator works fine for 2 player in the Mario All Stars, Mario Kart, Street Fighter 2 and Mortal Kombat 3 roms.

I found this:
    https://github.com/retropie/RetroPie-Setup/issues/158

But I do not understand how to do that, I’m pretty sure I do not have the source code in my install to do that, and I also can not switch to using PiSNES because it gives me an error when trying to launch (missing shared library). There also was not a configuration file to map the controller buttons either.

So if this has been a known issue for a while, is it going to be fixed at some point out-of-the-box? I don’t know how to go about fixing it regardless.

Atari 2600 Issues:

The 2nd controller doesn’t work period for me, I was thinking that possibly its reading a different configuration file from the main Retro Pie one, but I do not know enough to figure it out.

Also, is there a way to map the difficulty buttons and possibly the Color/B&W switch? If I could at least get the 2nd controller working so me and my gf can play Frogs and Flys, it would be great!

teeth03
    Participant

Alright, so this what I figured out with the Atari emulator:

B = Fire
    Select = Game Select Switch
    Start = Game Start
    L = Hard Difficulty
    L2= Easy Difficulty

The last one was tricky, as you would think R would have changed difficulty instead of L2. I bound L2 to my R button to test with and I was happy to see it work, but dumbfounded by the control scheme. So the other 3 face buttons and R doesn’t do anything from what I can tell.

I just need to know how the heck to enable the 2nd controller and I will be OK, I can live without 2 player DK on the SNES for now.

teeth03
    Participant

Looks like Atari might be fixed, does this help?

http://forum.themaister.net/viewtopic.php?id=651

teeth03
    Participant

So…any thoughts on getting the 2 player Atari fix added in?

petrockblog
    Keymaster

The libretro-stella core was fixed two days ago (see https://github.com/libretro/stella-libretro/commits/master). The new version will be updated in the RetroPie Binaries within the next days.

teeth03
    Participant

Sweet, please keep us updated, I’m looking forward to it.

petrockblog
    Keymaster

The recently updated binaries for the binaries-based installation include the new Stella-Libretro core.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.