Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    jeff7360
    Participant

I am working on building my retropie emulator and have almost gotten everything working, but I have an annoying controller issue I am hoping someone can help me with.

I have a Logitech F310 controller which I have setup on a powered hub, using Xbox Drivers. It works in EmulationStation fine. When I boot a game in N64 emu, all the buttons and the analog sticks work, which is perfect, but the D-PAD does not. If I boot a game up on any emulators that do not use the analog sticks, the D-PAD does not work, but all other buttons work.

When I run the retroarch-joyconfig, the controller gives no input, but if I run the input config option from emulation station, it does accept input and outputs the following to the retroarch.cfg

input_player1_joypad_index = 0
    input_player1_up_btn = h0up
    input_player1_down_btn = h0down
    input_player1_left_btn = h0left
    input_player1_right_btn = h0right
    input_player1_a_btn = 0
    input_player1_b_btn = 1
    input_player1_x_btn = 3
    input_player1_y_btn = 2
    input_player1_l_btn = 4
    input_player1_r_btn = 5
    input_player1_select_btn = 7
    input_player1_start_btn = 6

I did some searching and used other peoples configs for Dual Shock type controllers, for example:

input_player1_joypad_index = 0
    input_player1_b_btn = 1
    input_player1_y_btn = 3
    input_player1_a_btn = 0
    input_player1_x_btn = 2
    input_player1_l_btn = 4
    input_player1_r_btn = 5
    input_player1_select_btn = 7
    input_player1_start_btn = 6
    input_player1_up_axis = -5
    input_player1_down_axis = +5
    input_player1_left_axis = -4
    input_player1_right_axis = +4
    input_player1_l_x_plus_axis = +0
    input_player1_l_x_minus_axis = -0
    input_player1_l_y_plus_axis = +1
    input_player1_l_y_minus_axis = -1
    input_player1_r_x_plus_axis = +2
    input_player1_r_x_minus_axis = -2
    input_player1_r_y_plus_axis = +3
    input_player1_r_y_minus_axis = -2
    input_enable_hotkey_btn = 7
    input_exit_emulator_btn = 6

Which made no difference.

I am not really sure how to get the D-PAD working in game, it works everywhere else.

cacophony555
    Participant

I have the Logitech F310 as well and haven’t installed any drivers for it (other than what came with Raspbian). I haven’t tried the N64 emulator, but all the other emulators I’ve tried work fine. Some emulators require me to enable the “mode” button to get the dpad working though, so you might want to try that.

jeff7360
    Participant

I have tried the Mode button to no avail.

Are you using the controller with X input or Direct input? (switch on the back set to X or D?)

You did not have to install the xboxdrv?

cacophony555
    Participant

I have it in X mode. Never got D mode to work. It did take awhile to get X mode recognized though. I had to plug it in a bunch of times, restart, etc. But eventually it recognized it, and after that it worked every time.

Never installed xboxdrv or any other drivers.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.