Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Controller Configuration in RetroPie Controller Issue on Boot

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Omnija
    Participant

It’s been a while where occasionally on turning on the pi, 1 of the controllers doesn’t connect/get reconized properly. I have to either reboot the system or re-plug the controller for it to get noticed.

Anonymous
    Inactive

What type of controller is it? How is it connected (via usb/ via bluetooth/ wireless receiver)? YOu say re-plug which suggests its just a wired USB but then you say ‘doesn’t get recognized properly’ which suggests the controller itself is giving some kind of power indication?

If its occasionally is it always in the same USB port it fails? Does it fail on all of them?

have you also checked the JS inputs? Perhaps if it is recognized but you cannot use it its because its not on the index you are expecting.

Omnija
    Participant

2x wired xbox360 rock candy controllers, there always in the same ports i don’t unplug them. The lights on them are still flicker but occasionally 1 of em doesn’t (respond) and it’s always controller 1. They are both brand new controllers.

As for checking the JS inputs i have not, is it possible the controller occasionally gets registered as something different which does not have an input yet?

Edit: it just happened again, turns out it’s being recognized as a Harmonix xbox360 controller, is there any way to force it to stay as a generic xbox 360 controller?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I think you can list input devices with /dev/input/by-id to find out what inputs you have.

I would first check there (you can also probably just ls -l /dev/input/js and then tab to see the numbers. you could then run jstest on the input and hit buttons on your pad to see if they are recognised (should change from off to on).

e.g. jstest /dev/input/js0

You’ll have to check the js inputs you have. I would start with that and see where they are and if any are recognised.

Omnija
    Participant

I did js0 and js1 and got a result of

js0 = Generic Xbox controller
    js1 = Harmonix Xbox 360 Controller

Not really sure why since it’s the same controller? Do you think it probably due to it not being supported?

using the lsusb
    Bus 001 Device 006: ID 1bad:f900 Harmonix Music

On reboot i get
    js0 = Generic Xbox controller
    js1 = Generic Xbox controller

using the lsusb
    Bus 001 Device 004: ID 0e6f:011f Logic3

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Controller Configuration in RetroPie’ is closed to new topics and replies.