Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Controller Configuration in RetroPie Controller detection after a RP update

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    tmar89
    Participant

When I update the RP scripts and do a binary update and reboot, ES always wants to redetect/remap my controllers. Is there a reason why the controller bindings aren’t staying put? The .cfg files still exist in /opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch-joypads and when I map a controller I already had in the previous version of RP, it makes a .bak file. So there must be somewhere else RP uses to keep track of joypads already detected.

Anonymous
    Inactive

What version are you updating from?

and when you got to the configure controller screen, did it allow you to enter anything? Whether it be gamepad or keyboard?

tmar89
    Participant

3.1 to 3.2. It also happened with 3.0 to 3.1. I was told today on the Github page that EmulationStation erases its own controller config on a binary update but the configuration files don’t get deleted. They may provide a fix in a later version.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hmmm yeah it happen to me going from 3.0 to 3.1, but I lost complete detection of any usb device. Haven’t tried updating to 3.2 yet.

retroman33
    Participant

Auswear, did you find a workaround for losing complete USB detection? I just updated and cannot get past the Welcome Configure controller screen in ES.

Setup that last worked = 3.0 using traditional SNES controllers.

Updated to 3.2.1, and upon startup the ES Configuration of controllers can detect my controllers and/or keyboard, but will not accept any input to start the actual configuration.

I’ve reupped the update setup script, and i’ve updated again from binary to no avail. Last resort after work tonight is to jump into the ES_input.cfg file and see if theres anything wrong there.

I’ve also exited ES and gone back in to see if it was an issue with loading the cfg file when turning on the system.

So turning on the system from scratch detechs gamepads, but won’t bring up their name when i hold down a button to start config. When i exit ES and re-enter, the name of the controller will come up on first press, but as i hold the button the config program won’t start.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

retroman33
    Participant

It won’t accept keyboard input either, but will allow me to hit F4 to exit back to cammandline.

retroman33
    Participant

I’ve reposted this issue into a new thread in hopes that it may receive a response by anyone with more knowledge than I, so please refer to

ES Controller Config

for any help!

Thanks

retroman33
    Participant

Sorted it out.

delete es_input.cfg AND es_systems.cfg and reboot. It will then accept the USB ports.

petrockblog
    Keymaster

You will loose autoconfiguration of retroarch by doing that – you should reinstall emulationstation from binary to restore the script hook for triggering controller configs.

retroman33
    Participant

Good point, thanks for adding that in.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Controller Configuration in RetroPie’ is closed to new topics and replies.