Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Controller Configuration in RetroPie Controller .cfg Files Do Not Save/Load

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    sjo102784
    Participant

Hello

I’ve run Retropie from V2 through V3 now. I’m running into an issue with a Logitech Dual Action gamepad when mapping controls via the RGUI menu in each emulator.

My controller seems to auto-map correctly, but the NES emulator and SNES emulator map buttons to the wrong location on the gamepad. This seems to be by default. So I’ve been trying to manually map buttons for each emulator, saving a config file specific to each emulator once the buttons are accurately mapped.

The main issue I’m running into is when binding buttons for my gamepad and saving the configuration, after exiting the emulator and re-opening the emulator, the saved config file with specifically assigned buttons and a RGUI menu toggle button (choosing L3 + R3 via the menu) does not work. It works fine while I’m still in the emulator after configuring everything (without exiting the emulator), but after exiting the emulator it loads the retroarch.cfg general settings rather than the emulator specific config files I set and saved the last time the emulator was open. The problem is I can’t get to the RGUI input menu via a hotkey (L3+R3), I have to use a keyboard.

I want to save it in a way that automatically loads the config each time the emulator runs. Otherwise I’ll have to use a keyboard to get to the menu to reconfigure the button mappings each time the emulator is loaded.

Any advice? Thank you

Floob

This should help you save the RGUI settings

sjo102784
    Participant

This is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you so much! Will try it tonight to see if I’m successful in editing each emulator’s config file.

sjo102784
    Participant

This resolved my issue for all emulators aside from the N64. Thank you so much!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Controller Configuration in RetroPie’ is closed to new topics and replies.