Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project Controlle issues/freezing when accidentally pushing "search" button

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    evotistical
    Participant

I am for the life of me trying to set my NES emulator up with retro pie to work well.
    Issues I’m having:
    1. I have a snes look-a-like controller(the “buffalo gamepad”) amazon.com special. Let me be clear, it works well also in other emulators. The issue I’m having is that when I set the in emulator buttons to have: Y as B, B as A, X as Y, A as X, Left button as rewind, Right button as forward hold, then I save the configuration, It works awesome in the emulator, then I reboot; All of the settings go away.
    2.If the before issues weren’t enough, if I accidentally press (either X or Y) button it ends up in a search menu that I cant get out of(maybe frozen/crash?).
    3.Is there a good way to allow the X and Y buttons to be used as turbo(if you play megaman you would understand)
    4. If your feeling particularly generous can you point me in the direction to where I can find out how to hide all of the loading scripts on bootup.

I have a feeling that for some reason the permissions might be screwed up for the file and isn’t properly saved after reboot, and the search thing is just a bug. If there is a cfg file I can edit as sudo, it might be the ticket, so I don’t have to use the in game menu.

gizmo98
    Participant

The accidently press x button is a current retroarch bug. There is no solution atm.

evotistical
    Participant

What about a workaround for saving the controls? Is there an editable config file so I don’t have to use onscreen menus?

gizmo98
    Participant

Save config is disabled because retroarch would save system specific settings in our global /configs/all/retroarch.cfg and this would be bad. If you have installed ES-Config there is a new menu item in emulationstation named ES-Config. There is (or was?) a RGUI item which can be used to edit the global retroarch.cfg.

evotistical
    Participant

So let me get this right, You can’t change the buttons in the nes games with out changing them for everything? And when it says saving file, its really doing nothing?

evotistical
    Participant

Bump

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.