Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Controller Configuration in RetroPie Configuring multiple controller types

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    rastendo
    Participant

I have a RP2 running RetroPie 3.0

I bought several different RetroLink controllers (NES, SNES, Genesis, N64) and I have my PS3 controller I would like to use wired. I want to set it up so I can plug in whatever controller I want and have it automatically assigned as player 1 of the corresponding emulator, e.g. plug in the N64 controller, and have it work as player 1 for any N64 games. Or plug in the PS3 controller (wired, not messing with bluetooth yet) and have it be player one for my PSX games.

I have spent the last few hours messing with this am I am getting no where. I tried to plug them all in one at a time, configure the buttons using the built in configure input from the main menu, and it’s not working. The controllers will work in Emulation Station, but when I start a game they aren’t recognized as player 1 (usually the keyboard is player 1).

How do I tell what “port” a controller is registered to, and how do I change it? I would really like to get this setup as plug and play.

Thanks in advance.

Floob

If there is just one controller plugged in, it should act as player 1 for the RetroArch based emulators.
    This may help:

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Controller Configuration in RetroPie’ is closed to new topics and replies.