Tagged: 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    powerplant
    Participant

Hi all,

First things first sorry for my bad English since it is not my native language.

Ok so i recently bought a raspberry pi and wanted to install retropie on that.
    Everything went well till i had to configure my controller.

The controller i have is an Retrolink SNES usb controller. It works fine in the menu but when ever i try to start an Sega game or an SNES game the controls don’t work.

i found out that i also have 2 retroarch folders. 1 called RetroArch and one called retroarch.

I see that the map retroarch has all the button configs (even the one i made myself in the retropi_setup. If i want to copy everything to the RetroArch folder it says i have no permission.

How can i configure my retrolink controller so that it works on my retropie setup? i had this struggle the past 4 hours to find a fix and find a way to get my SNES usb controller to work but till now no result. i also tried to start from a fresh install.

Floob

I’m not sure of the full paths where you say you have 2 retroarch folders.
    If it is
    /opt/retropie/emulators/RetroArch/
    /opt/retropie/emulators/retroarch/

then you have 2.3 and 2.4 installed at once. I’d just use the 2.4.2 image and dont update it. If you use the RetroPie image you dont need to install/update the binaries etc..

You can see how to configure controller here:

powerplant
    Participant

Hello Floob,

Ok i am going to put the image back on it again and don’t update it. maybe that help.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.