Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project Configuring Control Panel and General Questions?

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    husar
    Participant

I am finally at a point that I can configure my control panel in my arcade build. Yea! Big thanks to all the efforts that are going into the project. I have some questions about configuration and a few general questions I am hoping to get answers for.

I have a two joystick setup, 6 buttons each player, 1p and 2p buttons. 1p coin and 2p coin. Plus 4 extra buttons I can map for other things. I have a USB trackball with 2 mouse buttons and spinner. In addition I have two retro console control on order that shoudl arrive Wednesday. I am using an IPAC to wire everything up.

The plan is to use the joystick and buttons for a much as possible.

Here is what I think I understand….

The config file I will need to be editing for MAME for my control panel is located at “/home/pi/RetroPie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg”. I am using the default MAME install which is MAME4ALL. Can someone verify the location is correct?

I tried to run through the config setup last night via the GUI but this did not seem to have an option to do the button presses and save for MAME. I assuse I need to enter the buttons commands manually? Is there a command I can run to automate the MAME config so I can just press and assign buttons? If not, is there a default file I can see to map all my control joys and buttons? I found this in another post and I am wondering if I run this will to do the auto config GUI for MAME?

COMMAND=retroarch -L /home/pi/RetroPie/emulatorcores/imame4all-libretro/libretro.so –config /home/pi/RetroPie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg –appendconfig /home/pi/RetroPie/configs/mame/retroarch.cfg %ROM%

Questions about MAME, I noticed there was an option to install AdvMame. If I do this I assume now MAME4 ALL will no longer be an option? Everything I am read says MAME4ALL seems to be the more stable version?

Last, I seem to have deleted the one file that gets installed for DOOM to work. I have the WADs but need to get the file that is install as part of the default install.

Well, I think that is it for now. I am not having any luck getting anything working NEOGEO outside of MAME so as soon as I get the above taken care of NEOGEO is next on my list to get working.

Thanks again.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.