Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Controller Configuration in RetroPie Configuring axis in piFBA

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    dormonid
    Participant

Hi! This is my first topic here in the community, and I am really in need of help to configure my joystick.

I changed yesterday from regular wired PS2 controlers to bluetooth PS3 Sixaxis (first generation) and Im having a lot of problems, including setting its D-PAD to play.

I manually edited the control config in fba2x.cfg and happen to set all buttons where I wanted them to be, but the axis is fixed in the left analog stick. The D-pad on the sixaxis works as buttons (I already know what button is for each Up Down Left Right via JSTEST) but I cant set them. I tried to add in the joystick section of fba2x.cfg UP= DOWN= LEFT= RIGHT= and set these values with the respective button number but apparently this doesnt work.

All other emulators I tested so far worked well with the DPAD because they obey the input config we do in the beginning (I think its the new beta3 feature).

Please if someone could help!

My settings: Raspberry Pi2 + Retropie 3 beta 3

herbfargus

See this post:

https://github.com/retropie/RetroPie-Setup/issues/777

I think the mirror for pifba needs to be updated. See also:

PiFBA 4 player support?

dormonid
    Participant

Thanks for the help, but Im afraid I need more help. Im a complete newbie on this and I think I dont know what “repo” means and how to fix the Dpad issue using the link you provided.

herbfargus

Basically its a known bug that needs to be fixed and until the developers sort it out in the source code, unless you know how to compile things, you’ll have to be patient until the developers add it.

A repo is short for repository- the repository is where the source code is held (typically on websites like github and sourcefourge) retropie simply put is just a repository of scripts that link to other repositories to install the needed emulators, settings, etc. So in your case the repository retropie is scripted to for pifba is out of date and doesn’t yet include the functionality you seek, but the developers are working on updating the repository to include that functionality. Once they update it you will be able to reinstall the pifba emulator through the retropie setup script. I personally don’t know enough about compiling to manually add the newest pifba emulator ( I usually just let the developers handle the more technical stuff) but you could also change the emulator to libretro-fba by pressing x or m as a ROM loads and then it will utilise retroarch controller configs but then you may have to rebuild your romset with clrmamepro because I think lr-fba uses a different version of ROMs than pifba which is explained in this post: https://github.com/retropie/RetroPie-Setup/wiki/Managing-ROMs

dormonid
    Participant

Yes you are right. I myself did what you say about changing emulators and was happy untill I figured out a lot of my roms were not working anymore. I was about to make another thread here.

Thank you very much for your time and patience !

I will try to remap my roms to make this work!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Controller Configuration in RetroPie’ is closed to new topics and replies.