Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Ideas for Further Enhancements configure 'keyboard' for all emulators

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    peanut
    Participant

Hi,

I was able to install my snes usb controller for all emulators using the following code:
    sudo chown pi /opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg
    cd /opt/retropie/emulators/RetroArch/installdir/bin
    sudo ./retroarch-joyconfig -j 0 >> /opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg

I get asked to press all keys on the joypad and then its configured for every emulator. Simple and effective.

Now here is the problem.
    I am letting my gpio on my raspberry B+ emulate keyboard strokes.

Is there a way to setup my ‘keyboard’ for every emulator with a similar approach as described as above?

peanut
    Participant

Register RetroArch Controller does not work for me :(

peanut
    Participant

this happens when I try and register retroarch controller with just the gpio/keyboard connected

ls: cannot acces /dev/input/js*: No such file or directory
    /opt/retropie/emulators/RetroArch/installdir/bin/retroarch-joyconfig: option ‘–joypad requires an argument
    couldn’t open joystick #0.
    grep: /opt/retropie/emulators/RetroArch/configs/tempconfig.cfg’: No such file or directory.

peanut
    Participant

I stepped moved over to joystick emulation of the gpio instead of keyboard emulation of the gpio…

The keyboard ended being a big hassle because when using ‘register retroarch controller’ from RetroPie setup I could only have 1 keyboard connected thus not being able to initiate the proces because the enter would only work on the keyboard and not on the ‘gpio’ keyboard. (and it is not possible while having 2 ‘keyboards’ connected.

not sure if it makes sense but if you end up here with the same problem as I did you will :E thus my advice use joystick emulation of the gpio instead of keyboard emulation. Someone called DigitalLumberjack made a nice joystick emulation setup on github

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Ideas for Further Enhancements’ is closed to new topics and replies.