Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Ok So I have looked everywhere and tried heaps of things and can’t get it to work. All AI want to do is configure my USB controller to exit the game when I hold down select and start.
    So many tutorials do not work for me in the slightest, I just get errors or have no idea what the person is talking about.

I am not using Wifi on my Raspberry Pie B. I do not have Linux or anyway of connecting it to my main computer besides taking out the microsd card. Most tutorials say “Now using Wifi…” or “Now time to use SSH” (no idea what that is).

So can someone please tell me the commands I need to enter exactly? I have managed to configure the basic controls.
    Btw, by exactly I mean saying 4 or “4” is two different terms to me.
    All I am using my Retro pie for is to play oldschool games. I just want to be able to Exit the games on the controller without needing to unplug my keyboard (which is a hassle)

Floob

Which version of RetroPie are you using?
    Have you tried the new RetroPie 3 yet?

herbfargus

I would recommend installing the latest retropie SD image (3.0) as floob said as it integrated hotkeys by default (for retroarch emulators)

You can also see this page on the wiki for manual retroarch configurations:

https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie-Setup/wiki/RetroArch-Configuration

The wiki also details how to connect to ssh (basically logging into your pi over your home network) along with many other things. Its a very useful resource.

robakero
    Participant

There are many You Tube tutorials on how to SSH in. I use WinSCP and it’s very easy and allows you to edit all the files with ease. I had NO prior experience of this either. I had some real issues then I found this screenshot. If you type those lines in at the end that are not commented with a hash symbol in the retroarch.cfg file, your controllers will work – take note of the bottom two lines as that is for what you are trying to do – you can just alter the numbers depending on what your buttons generate. Worked perfectly for me. This picture was from this site but it was so long ago, I cant remember who to credit…sorry!

http://i.imgur.com/LYGGPyu.jpg

Floob

Do remember if you edit your retroarch.cfg in the “all” directory as per the screenshot it will hardcode your controller, which isnt always ideal. I wouldnt do that unless you know 1) Those settings are for your controller 2) You never intend to use a different controller.

The hotkeys are automatically added when you add your controller.

This video may help:

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Controller Configuration in RetroPie’ is closed to new topics and replies.