Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Inactive

Alrighty lads, I think I might’ve screwed to ole pooch here big time. Here’s the info:

Pi Model: 2 B
    RetroPie Version Used: 3.0.0 Beta 2
    Built From: SD Image
    USB Devices connected: Logitech Keyboard
    Controller used: RETROLINK Classic Controller SNES style
    Guide used: the ones on the wiki first install page

ISSUE: I got everything up and running fine, loaded my ROM library, games showed up, everything was going swimmingly. I could navigate emulationstation easily and fully. Went to SNES emulator and launched Super Mario AllStars without a hitch. Up to this point I could operate in retroarch, it seemed, perfectly. Hit 1 Player start, game started. Here’s where my first issue showed up. I couldn’t run. More blatantly, my X and Y buttons weren’t working, but everything else was. Okay, no biggie. Went and watched Floob’s guide. Here’s where the proverbial sh!t went sour. I got into the USBgamepad.cfg and it was blank, which was odd because the controller had just been working, at least halfway. Alright, whatever, I’ll just input it all manually. But I couldn’t find the # key on my keyboard, instead shift+3 made the monetary pound sign. Hit every key I could, still couldn’t find it, so I typed it up without the # in there. Saved to the file. Now my controller doesn’t respond at all in retroarch. EmulationStation is still on point, but I get nada in game. Every time I jump back into the config files i get more confused and feels like I’m just spiraling further down the rabbit hole. To make matters worse, i went back to USBgamepad.cfg, and a whole lot of stuff came up, now I’m completely lost and could really use some help. I’d rather not do a clean install, because I feel like i’d end up in the same place I’m in now without a little more clarification. Any help is appreciated. Thanks ~ALob

Anonymous
    Inactive

Okay, after doing a completely fresh install, I’ve run into the exact same problem. However, after watching and following floob’s usb controllers parts 1 and 2, I came across a section in part 2 where goes over the system command line. I know he’s working off of 2.3 and 2.6, but the long string of commands isn’t present, so what I’m assuming is happening is the control scheme that is loading is just the same one as emulationstation. This makes sense because only the buttons that get registered by ES are the ones functioning. The unresponsive buttons are those not asked for input by ES. I’m not a programmer, though I know some bare bones basics, but it seems like the section of commands that would tell the emulator to use retroarch’s configs are missing. Any ideas on whether I’m on the right track or not?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Controller Configuration in RetroPie’ is closed to new topics and replies.