Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Ideas for Further Enhancements Conditionnal auto-boot for standalone retropie

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Lowlow
    Participant

Hi there!

Using my RPi for multiple purposes, i used your standalone instead of the full img.
    But while in “working mode” i use keyboard or at least ssh, when in “gaming mode” i prefear to take just the RPi, power cable and a few ps4 controllers to my buddie’s places.
    Therefor i started looking at bash script & co. and found my way with a really quick and easy solution, it launches emulationstation only if a pad is plugged (and check to do it only once or else with every ssh connections this would be launched again). if not, stays on the classic RPi boot.
    Dunno if it can help someone but there it is (in case the devs would want to implement an option to their scripts).

Enjoy ^^

lowlow@RPiStation:~ $ cat /etc/profile.d/AutoLaunch.sh

#!/bin/bash

if [ "users | wc -w" -eq 1 ]; then
            if [ -e /dev/input/js0 ]; then
                    exec "emulationstation"                   # Launch Gaming platform if a controller is plugged
            fi
    fi

devil78
    Participant

Nice idea!!!

Lowlow
    Participant

afterward i’ve seen an annoying problem..the roms couldn’t launch.

[quote=117699]it expects a terminal to be attached – instead of launching from cron, why not adjust the existing ES launch script to check for this (/usr/bin/emulationstation) or /etc/profile.d/10-emulationstation.sh which is triggered on boot.
    [/quote]

That is -indeed- doing the job.

1st post modified ^^

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Ideas for Further Enhancements’ is closed to new topics and replies.