Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Controller Configuration in RetroPie [complete beginner] Unable to configure 360 controller

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    reedy212
    Participant

I would really appreciate any assistance, and I’m happy to provide as much information as needed,but please be specific on how I can assist, since I am completely over my head.

I followed the GitHub and Floobs youtube video to enable my Xbox 360 controller, but I haven’t been able to complete the project.

In a nutshell, my controller works to control EmulationStation, but poops the bed as soon as I open any ROM. I understand there is a configuration file for EmuStation versus individual ROMS, but a hefty amount of the information I’ve found seems to be out of date, so I’m not sure where I grab the working configuration info, and exactly where to out it.

The controller is installed, and jstest runs successfully, I’ve made a note of my button configuration (pressed Y and noted that 7=on).
    Emulation Station is working with the Controller
    When I launch any ROM, I get a notification that Xbox Controller 1234/56767 is not configured.

From what I’ve gathered, retroarch-joyconfig is no longer a thing, and that seems to be where I’m stuck.

I can view my /opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg file, but the buttons listed there don’t match up with my jstest notes.

Thanks already for any help!

reedy212
    Participant

I was able to get this resolved through some combination of the following:
    1-Wiped/Formatted SD card and copied new RetroPie 3.3 image
    2-Updated RetroPie script
    3-Installed xboxdrv
    4- Switch to the mutliple instances of xboxdrv from the Retropie wiki, rather than the init script
    5-Updated RetroPie Script again
    6-Disabled/enabled xboxdrv

There were several steps in between, along with a few choice words, but I think these were the ones that ended up doing the trick. Good luck future Interntier

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Controller Configuration in RetroPie’ is closed to new topics and replies.