Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    shadow128
    Participant

Hello @ll,

today I tried to install RetroPie and wanted to compile several emu’s. But on piSNES I’ll got the following compile error:

gcc -I/usr/include -I/opt/vc/include -I/opt/vc/include/interface/vcos/pthreads -I /opt/vc/include/interface/vmcs_host/linux  -c -D_ZAURUS -O3 -march=armv6 -mfpu=vfp -mfloat-abi=hard -ffast-math -fstrict-aliasing -fomit-frame-pointer  -I/usr/include -I/usr/include/SDL -I. -Iunzip -Isdl -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/glib-2.0/include -D__linux -DZLIB -DVAR_CYCLES -DCPU_SHUTDOWN -DSPC700_SHUTDOWN -fpermissive -Wno-write-strings  -DSPC700_C  -DUNZIP_SUPPORT  -DNO_INLINE_SET_GET unzip/unshrink.c -o unzip/unshrink.o
    cc1: warning: command line option ‘-fpermissive’ is valid for C++/ObjC++ but not for C [enabled by default]
    gcc -I/usr/include -I/opt/vc/include -I/opt/vc/include/interface/vcos/pthreads -I /opt/vc/include/interface/vmcs_host/linux  -o snes9x cpuops.o cpuexec.o   cpu.o tile.o gfx.o clip.o memmap.o ppu.o dma.o unix/unix.o spc700.o soundux.o apu.o unix/graphics.o dsp1.o snes9x.o snapshot.o data.o globals.o unix/gles2.o  loadzip.o unzip/unzip.o unzip/explode.o unzip/unreduce.o unzip/unshrink.o  -L/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf -L/opt/vc/lib -lbcm_host -lGLESv2 -lEGL -lglib-2.0 -lbcm_host -lbcm_host -lbcm_host -lbcm_host -lbcm_host -lSDL -lstdc++ -lz -lpthread
    /usr/bin/ld: unix/unix.o: undefined reference to symbol 'clock_gettime@@GLIBC_2.4'
    //lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/librt.so.1: error adding symbols: DSO missing from command line
    collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
    Makefile:107: recipe for target 'snes9x' failed
    make: *** [snes9x] Error 1
    /home/pi/RetroPie-Setup

Does anyone know that failure and how to solve it?

Best regards,
    Shadow128

shadow128
    Participant

On cimpiling jzintv I’ve a similar failure on compiling :-/

/usr/bin/ld: speed/speed.o: undefined reference to symbol 'floor@@GLIBC_2.4'
    //lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libm.so.6: error adding symbols: DSO missing from command line
    Makefile:91: recipe for target '../bin/jzintv' failed
    make: *** [../bin/jzintv] Error 1

edit:
    UAE4ALL also same problem:

/usr/bin/ld: src/m68k/uae/fpp.o: undefined reference to symbol 'tan@@GLIBC_2.4'
    //lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libm.so.6: error adding symbols: DSO missing from command line
    Makefile:122: recipe for target 'uae4all' failed
    make: *** [uae4all] Error 1

No one has an idea for solving that problem?
    Is there a package on my raspi missing?

Thanks in advance,
    Shadow128

mat

I got the same problem while installing my retropie.
    It says after the source-based-installation:

– cannot successfull compile pisnes
    – cannot successfull compile jsintv
    – cannot succussfull compile uae (amiga emulator)

do i have to update my firmware or anything else?

twoduck
    Participant

I ran in this problem with piSNES as well. Here is how I fixed it:

Navigate to the source folder:
    /opt/retropie/emulators/pisnes
    Edit the Makefile:
    Find the line starting with “LDLIBS=”
    Add to the end of this line depending on the error received
    Example: if the error was about libm.so.6, make sure it has
    “-lm” so the compile command knows to add the libm library.
    or if it was for librt, add “-lrt”.
    Save the Makefile
    Compile again:
    sudo make

It should compile at this point, or complain about another library. If it does, simply repeat these steps, substituting the new library.

This only corrects the symptoms. I don’t know why the makefile is not generated with the correct libraries.

shadow128
    Participant

Great! Thanks for your help!!

Maybe we can collect all failure makefiles with the correct command?

For piSNES I needed the following commands at the end of the LDLIBS-Line:

-lrt -lm -lasound

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.