Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project Commodore 64 – how to play a game?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

All,

I’ve dumped some roms in the Commodore 64 rom folder, but cannot seem to play them. Let me be a bit more specific.

I’m using SD card image 1.5
    I’m playing via HDMI (No issues at all!)
    The roms show up in the C64 emu menu
    Roms are in the tap or t64 format

Inthe emu menu, I select the rom to play, and press the allocated launch button. Next, I am booted in to the c64 emulator, but am directed straight to what appears to be the c64 setup menu. From here I can browse around various menus, but not launch a rom.

Is there something special I need to be doing to have the C64 playable with USB SNES controllers? Select rom, press the launch button, playgame?

Is there a specific rom format that is preferred other than tap/t64? I know this was an issue with DGEN for me.

petrockblog
    Keymaster

You might need to do some more steps. Try and look for a Vice tutorial, e.g., http://www.youbioit.com/es/article/shared-information/2225/tutorial-commodore-64-vice-emulator. I cannot remember the exact steps to start a program.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hmm, ok.

Thank you!

bobbyt
    Participant

I’m bumping this because I have the same issue.

Having owned a C64 I remember carts would override the C64 desktop, but that’s not happening here.

The linked page appears to address disk and cassette based games but not carts…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.