Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi,

I was able to map my buttons and now can play NES games well. Then I tried C64 emulation I have mainly 2 issues:

1) I downloaded RiverRaid and IK+. I can’t seem to use the controller and the keyboard except the VICE menu. Also I can’t run it full screen. I tried double size from the menu it grows bu then upper half of the screen is not visible o TV. (BTW I connect via HDMI) I’ve found this (http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=4581) but I couldn’t manage to get Vice full screen. Does anybody have an idea? Thanks.

smartroad
    Participant

I am having the same issue. I was hoping to get it running as a surprise for the otherhalf (loved to play Way of the Exploding Fist back in the day) over Christmas. Not going to bother at the moment as it fills a tiny section in the center of the screen.

Running it on composite video here. No settings seem to make it work :(

wfmde
    Participant

I changed

VICIIDoubleSize=1

from 0 to 1 in /home/pi/.vice/sdl-vicerc.

After restart I got pretty fullscreen.

izeko2004
    Participant

I cant seem to find this file on my retroPie image.

Can you help. I am using ftp to read the sd card and not inserting it in PC.

/home/pi/.vice/sdl-vicerc.

retrofredde
    Participant

Can you see the .vice folder? I can’t see the .vice folder when using a ssh client but I see it when using ftp. Sdl-vicerc should be inside /home/pi/.vice

wrichards
    Participant

i cant seem to find this, im using WinSCP.. cant see it under startx either…

i did NOT install VICE, im using retropie stock. I read a thread, seems this works under startx environment. I cant seem to find a 2x video as is.. so i think im looking for somthing thats not there unless you install VICE outside of the stock retropie install.. am i right?

SOLVED IT: Sorry to be an idiot ;)

InsecureSpike
    Participant

hi, how did you solve this?
    via Cyberduck, i can’t see a .vice folder in /home/pi/ i see other /. folders but not that one?
    i’m running the 1.91 .img setup
    thanks

*edit*
    i had to create the .vice folder, and googled for the sdl-vicerc file, then edited to my liking

IIeBoy
    Participant

1) I found the following settings that completely fix the screen size.

Type:
    $ nano /home/pi/.vice/sdl-vicerc

Change the following line settings:

VICIIDoubleSize=1
    VICIIScale2x=0
    WarpMode=0

Dev, I recommend integrating these settings changes into the config file! (Thanks to ‘Jeff’: http://ledgerlabs.us/raspberrypi/retropie-fix-x64-vice-settings-for-fullscreen)

2) I can only rarely get music to work. Then suddenly I’m back to no sounds, reboot after reboot. I’m sure I changed no settings since. When it worked it was beautiful… but never again. Any surefire ways to get sound to be reliable?

Other than all the above, it’s great :-P

Mepteptellusa

Wiecie, liczy sie [blockquote]BBCode you used is not allowed.[/blockquote], programy, informacje i hosting …

flolob
    Participant

I put my raspberry pi in an old Commodore C64 case using the keyrah 2 interface.
    Everything works fine, but I can’t fix the the screen size.
    Changing the video settings to “double size in the emulator leads to a crash.

The settings in “sdl-vicerc” mentioned above

VICIIDoubleSize=1
    VICIIScale2x=0
    WarpMode=0

can’t be changed because they don’t exist anymore. (New Version of Vice/Retropie ?)

I am using the svideo output, the overscan is properly configured to match the screen size.
    Where is the lucky guy (or girl) who got C64 emulation working in fullscreen ?
    Please get in touch with me !

flolob
    Participant

Problem solved !

I installed the runcommand-script: sudo ./retropie_packages.sh runcommand

When starting “vice” press “x” or “m”, then you can select the desired video mode, for me this is PAL 4:3.
    The game started in fullscreen and the ingame video-settings work properly.
    And the emulator even won’t crash on exiting. Dispmanx-sdl is turned on for vice.

sudo ./retropie_packages.sh dispmanx

The emulation speed was a little bit slow, so I overclocked the raspberry pi to “moderate”. Now the speed is fine.

Thank you so much for this great piece of software called Retropie !!

g0nz0uk
    Participant

Hello,

Just trying this, but I get an error:

pi@retropie ~ $ sudo ./retropie_packages.sh runcommand
    sudo: ./retropie_packages.sh: command not found
    pi@retropie ~ $

herbfargus

try cd RetroPie-Setup first…

petrockblog
    Keymaster

you are also not in the right folder.

g0nz0uk
    Participant

Thanks herbfargus, you always give an example to help a novice like me.

Now I get further, I have the blue C64 start screen in full screen but the games have a huge black border. I have tried changing the ingame settings without success for my 19 inch monitor. I go to Video settings > size settings and I have tried everything in

herbfargus

The solution is listed above as well as in the wiki:

https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie-Setup/wiki/Commodore-64

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.