- benwlsonParticipant02/17/2016 at 18:28Post count: 63
I was able to successfully compile from source (took probable close to 45min) the Commander Keen port called Commander Genius. I works just fine on my Raspberry Pi 2, but I would need some help creating the script module for RetroPie installation. I’ve been looking at the existing examples for other ports, but I can’t quite figure out how to adjust the build/install process to meet the requirements of RetroPie. I’ll show all my steps so far.. maybe they will help others learning like me:
The link I started with:
The dependencies I installed are:
sudo apt-get install build-essential libvorbis-dev libogg-dev libsdl2-dev libsdl2-image-dev libgl1-mesa-dev libboost-dev
When I tried to clone the .git and compile that way, it failed, but it worked when I downloaded the archive of the last release source code. I manually extracted the archive on my PC and copied the folder to ~/CGenius/ via FTP.
I then ran:
cd CGenius cmake -DUSE_SDL2=yes make sudo make install
The game will now run if I type:
The executable is located in:
The configs are located in:
What I would like to learn is how to change what I’ve done here to:
1. Download/extract/build the code in the appropriate tmp directory for RetroPie
2. Install the executable to /opt/retropie/ports/CGenius
3. Install the config files to /opt/retropie/configs/CGenius
4. How to use the existing binary I compiled for future RetroPie script testing so I don’t have to wait 45 minutes for it to compile.
Anyone smarter than I am willing to help with the role of mentor/instructor on this one?dudleydesParticipant02/29/2016 at 10:25Post count: 139
- The forum ‘Ideas for Further Enhancements’ is closed to new topics and replies.