Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project Coin mech… Insert Coin… Insert Credit

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    imaluckyman
    Participant

I have the RPI2B running RetroPie with Emulation Station as a front end. I have built my own cabinet complete with Coin Mech. I want the real feel of the old school arcade where you have to insert credits to play, and there are plenty of guides for wiring the coin mech and many machines for sale or videos of retropies with working coin slots; but my roms to not ask to insert coin to play and I do not see anything in any configuration file to make a change. I can only find videos where it works for other people. I spent over 7 hours trying to find a solution… how do I get the “insert coin” option?

zerojay
    Participant

All the arcade emulators are set to accept coins from the start. There should not need to be any configuration required for that. Free Play is never a default option.

imaluckyman
    Participant

So Zerojay. .. you think it’s the emulator? I’m just using the default emulators that came pre installed with emulation station… so it plays as if I was playing on the computer. I guess I’ll look into an arcade emulator. Any suggestions? I wanted to load up Retrospin for the upgraded graphical UI but it only runs on windows and the Win10 IOT for raspberry pi is not yet conducive. Thanks…

dankcushions
    Participant

if you’re using retropie you’re using the same emulators as all of us. i don’t understand what your problem could be but we don’t really have any information here. what game? what emulator? what exactly is/is not happening?

imaluckyman
    Participant

Whether I use RetroPie as my frontend or Emulation station… I’ve used them both loaded on different SD cards… and every rom in my in my inventory whether it’s NES, SNES, PSX, MAME, etc… I do not get the “insert coin” at the bottom of the screen… For use with the coin mech… Some people say they have to use tab or k as a hot key to insert credits before playing… mine just says press start or nothing at all… I want to be able to make people insert a coin in order to play.

imaluckyman
    Participant

And just for clarification in my 2nd post I meant hyperspin not retrospin

dankcushions
    Participant

this is the retropie forum so we can only answer questions about that, although retropie uses emulation station as its frontend so i’m not really sure what you mean when you say you’ve tried both.

console games don’t need you to insert coins :) only mame/fba/neogeo(unless in AES mode). every mame/fba/neogeo game should require coins to play unless you have enabled free play in the dip switches. you install a retropie 3.5 image and add a valid game.zip to your arcade folder, and it will ask you to insert coins every time, unless you change something.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.