Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    smaikel
    Participant

I have my system up and running. A friend of mine was really impressed and wants exactly the same as I have. He uses the same controllers as I do. I guess a copy of my SD card won’t work?
    I have a Rpi2 and RetroPie 3.

lilbud
    Participant

Use win32 disk imager, select the image you downloaded on your PC. Put your sd card in computer, select that sd card in the software. With image selected and sd card in, click read instead of write. it will take the contents of the sd card and replace those of the stock image. Put the second sd card and write the copied image to your friends sd card. Hope this helped!

gonzothegreat
    Participant
    Floob
    jenksie
    Participant

This may seem like a silly question but why can’t you just copy the contents of the card?

herbfargus

You could do that too, to a point- but the issue is most people have windows and windows cant read Linux partitions. Win32diskimager writes a bootable image which acts as the operating system as well as the file system so when you clone the sd with win32diskimager it takes care of all partitions.

jenksie
    Participant

[quote=105935]You could do that too, to a point- but the issue is most people have windows and windows cant read Linux partitions. Win32diskimager writes a bootable image which acts as the operating system as well as the file system so when you clone the sd with win32diskimager it takes care of all partitions.

[/quote]

Ah thanks. Makes sense now.

soapy49
    Participant

I am new, and I am trying to clone a 16gb SDcard and keep getting this error ” not enough space on disk size 31211520 sectors available 31116288 sectors size 512″
    any help would be much appreciated

Cheers :)

Floob

When I have that type of error I do this:
    http://smartretro.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=58

Although I’m sure there are other ways to go about it.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.