Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project Change ONLY NES controller configuration (360 gamepad)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    gariben
    Participant

Hello.

I have everything configured the way I like it, except for I do not like the default 360 configuration for the NES emulator. It carries over the SNES input so that A(360)=B(Nes) and
    B(360)=A(Nes)

I like that in the scheme of SNES games but not in NES games. How can I change this only in the NES emulator?

gariben
    Participant

I’ve gone in /opt/retropie/configs/nes
    and tried to change that retroarch.cfg

to configure

input_player1_a_btn=”0″
    input_player1_b_btn=”2″

and while it says

# All settings made here will override the global settings for the current emulator core

It does not change anything.

proxycell
    Participant

try just doing:
    input_a_btn = “0”
    leave out the player1

gariben
    Participant

This doesn’t work unfortunately. Any other ideas?

xtrino
    Participant

Hi!
    I had the same problem yesterday and i found a solution.
    I’m not sure if there is a better one though since i’m kinda new to both linux and the raspberry pi.
    Go into /opt/retropie/configs/nes
    open the retroarch.cfg and clean the “# All settings made here will override the global settings for the current emulator core

video_shader = “/opt/retropie/emulators/RetroArch/shader/phosphor.glslp”
    video_shader_enable = false
    video_smooth = false

” lines out, instead add this line : joypad_autoconfig_dir = /opt/retropie/emulators/RetroArch/configs/nes/ and save the file.
    then go into: /opt/retropie/emulators/RetroArch/configs/ and make a folder called nes.

go back to /opt/retropie/emulators/RetroArch/configs/
    in that folder there should be an xbox cfg file for your controller (not completely sure about the name since i use the ps3 controller instead).
    copy that one into the nes folder you just made.
    Open the nes folder and edit the .cfg file and change the buttons like you want them to be for nes.
    save the file and launch.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.