Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    hardmanm
    Participant

I think Amiga CD32 support would be a very good feature to add to Retropie.

zerojay
    Participant

Do we have an emulator that supports Amiga CD32 yet?

cooky069
    Participant

I used to own an A1200 back when they were on the go. they could play CD32 games by simply plugging in a CD drive. CD32 was basically a consoleised Amiga. Maybe uae4all will play them I’ve just no idea how to load them . To be honest I don’t think there’s many CD32 games if any at all, that didn’t have A1200 versions. I was playing gloom just a few days ago and it’s exactly the same as the CD32 version.

zerojay
    Participant

Well, give it a go and let us know if it works for you so we can update the script to add it.

cooky069
    Participant

I had a quick look and it seems like a no go for now at least. uae4all requires .adf rom files and the CD32 rom i tried is in .iso/.bin so its not recognised by uae4all. i also looked at a few CD32 game lists , they are short and i am almost positve that they are all A1200 releases. if you fancy playing them just make sure you get the versions for the Amiga 1200 AGA chipset. they run with upgraded sound and graphics just like CD32 versions

trixster
    Participant

It is possible to do it right now with uae4arm but it requires you to setup a relatively complicated workbench with whdload installed which has been set up with winuae. This can then run whdload cd32 versions of games directly from workbench. You could even fully emulate cd32 cd images with something like Idefix but that’s well beyond the scope of RetroPie.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Ideas for Further Enhancements’ is closed to new topics and replies.