Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    InsecureSpike
    Participant

guy’s before the update to 3.0 beta, i had cave story running perfect, but now i can’t get it running,
    i have the data files etc, and placed them

/opt/retropie/libretrocores/lb-nxengine/

as before, but as i said their not working there now, any ideas?
    thanks

petrockblog
    Keymaster

when launching cavestory it says where the datafiles need to be put if it can’t find them – they need to be put in ~/RetroPie/roms/ports/CaveStory so you have the file ~/RetroPie/roms/ports/CaveStory/Doukutsu.exe present

InsecureSpike
    Participant

awesome! thanks buzz
    I’ll try out tomorro

InsecureSpike
    Participant

no thats not working buzz

petrockblog
    Keymaster

“Not working” is not going to help me help you (Unless you want me to guess?!)

make sure you have updated the script, then do a re-install of lr-nxengine from menu 5 (from binary). Once this is done, it should tell you where to place the files. Do this, and then if it doesn’t work, please report back with a) a copy of /tmp/runcommand.log (right after launching fails) and b) a description of what doesn’t work – does it give an error, does it show a dialog stating where to copy the roms, or something else etc.

InsecureSpike
    Participant

sorry, I know it was a very vague reply, will do all those steps and I’ll get back to ya,
    thanks

InsecureSpike
    Participant

ok sorted it, for anyone else having issues,

there needs to be a folder created in the ports rom folder, it needs to be named “CaveStory” and in this folder you need to add the Doukutsu.exe and the data folder, both of these are to be found in your backup of nxengine-libretro

thanks for your help buzz

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.