Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project Cave Story.sh and Doom.sh files?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    strelok
    Participant

Hi,

I was recently editing my Cave Story.sh and Doom.sh files to get them to run on the right resolution, and somehow they now come up as blank .sh files. I must have messed something up – does anyone know where I can find replacements of the code that was in them? I remember it was only a few lines each.

strelok
    Participant

So I discovered that Duke Nukem 3D still works fine, and I got the code from that:

#!/bin/bash
    /opt/retropie/supplementary/runcommand/runcommand.sh 4 “eduke32 -g %ROM% -gamegrp duke3d.grp”

I just don’t know how I change this so that it works with Doom and Cave Story, if anyone knew what I could do for this or help in any way I would greatly appreciate it.

potkin
    Participant

those two should work fine in the new version of retropie.

One question, i remember doing this with both doomlegacy and openttd, but cant remember how i wrote the files. and dont have them saved anywhere. but i do remeber that it involved the #!/bin/bash/ command

also did the same to startx so i could have a nice way to get into the system and on the web etc from retropie.

any ideas on this?

strelok
    Participant

[quote=84012]those two should work fine in the new version of retropie.

One question, i remember doing this with both doomlegacy and openttd, but cant remember how i wrote the files. and dont have them saved anywhere. but i do remeber that it involved the #!/bin/bash/ command

also did the same to startx so i could have a nice way to get into the system and on the web etc from retropie.

any ideas on this?
    [/quote]

They did work fine, the issue only started when i broke the files by trying to change runcommand.sh and somehow they got wiped.

They definitely started with that but I dunno what else. I tried copying my friend’s Doom.sh after he took a picture of it and sent it to me and i got a whole host of errors when I tried it.

Is there any way at all I can recover these files? I don’t want to have to wipe my pi and start over.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.