Homepage Forums RetroPie Project New to RetroPie? Start Here! Can't work out how to get Mame arcade roms to work with RetroPie

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    coffeeking
    Participant

Hi Guys
    I can get various other console game roms working by simply adding them into the correct folder on my USB Stick.
    For instance putting the .bin file in
    retropie>roms>megadrive

But I cant see which files or which types of files I’m supposed to use for arcade mames?

So Ive got a folder called
    gng
    within it are a load of .bin files
    .2e file
    .14k file

What exactly am I supposed to put in the
    retropie>roms>mame-mame4all
    folder?

The gng folder?
    all the .bin and .2e and .14k files?

—————

I also have a game with a bunch of .rom and .prm files.

I also have a game with files called
    sou1
    s224b.1a
    rom1
    prg1
    and then various number/letter combination file types.

Whatever file structure I’m trying it doesnt seem to be bringing up a Arcade/Mame option on my Raspberry Pi 2 to play them.

Can someone please advise?

Thanks in advance.

Floob

All MAME / FBA roms should be in a .zip file – it sounds like you have extracted the files.

This should help:
    https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie-Setup/wiki/Managing-ROMs

coffeeking
    Participant

Hi.
    I have the .zip files yes (I did unzip them, but I thought that was what I had to do).

https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie-Setup/wiki/Managing-ROMs

Seems incredibly complicated.

Is there not just a copy/paste onto USB stick way of doing this like with SNES, Megadrive, Atari 2600?

Sorry I’m really new to all this and I’m still learning.

Thanks

herbfargus

Mame is incredibly complicated: its an emulator that emulates thousands of pieces of hardware with thousands of different versions of games.

There is a linked video on the link floob posted that walks you through the tutorial. As floob said, mame And fba are the exception and need to stay zipped in order to work (provided you have the correct version of rom for the emulator you are using)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘New to RetroPie? Start Here!’ is closed to new topics and replies.