Homepage Forums RetroPie Project New to RetroPie? Start Here! Can't scrape Megadrive – No games found.

Tagged: ,

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    sniffmyface
    Participant

Hi all.

As you can probably guess i am new to this, and up until now had been having fun installing and configuring retropie on my Pi Zero.

Sadly i have hit a snag that i cant sort out and i cant find any info on it.

All my games so far have scraped fine (with the exception of the usual suspects, dig dug, etc.) I have just added my Megadrive games but no matter what i try i cant get the scraper to recognise them.

The Gamedb scrape whizzes through them in a few seconds then says no games were scraped. The archive scraper sits there for minutes then says no match. I even tried the sselph scraper and that also whizzed through them.

Can anyone help please?

sniffmyface
    Participant

Never mind, i worked it out.

I had to edit /etc/emulationstation/es_systems.cfg and tell it the platform is genesis, not megadrive.

Seems gamesdb can’t tell they are the same thing.

herbfargus

Thegamesdb treats them as two separate platforms as the box art is completely different for each system. The real issue is why it wasn’t reading the megadrive platform (unless it just doesn’t have entries for your roms yet)

sniffmyface
    Participant

I don’t know then to be honest. Literally the only thing i changed was the name of the platform in es_systems.cfg, scraped again in exactly the same way and it worked perfectly.

Before i figured it out, I even deleted all the roms i had copied to the pi and tried a different set of roms (went from .md to .bin). The roms were in both the megadrive and genesis roms folders (i think it copies to both automatically?), and when i went to the megadrive section i could see the full list and they all ran perfectly. Just as soon as i tried to scrape it never found anything.

Regarding what you say about them being two seperate systems on thegamesdb, I have just looked down the entire list of platforms on the site and can only find Sega Genesis. There is no mention of the Megadrive in the list of platforms.

robertybob
    Participant

Just went to check this and it seems they’ve removed the Megadrive platform (which personally I disagree with..)

Edit-

http://thegamesdb.net/browse/36/

herbfargus

I guess that solves it. Looks like I need to make a tweak upstream.

sniffmyface
    Participant

Glad i’m not going mad then :-)

Thanks for everyone’s input. I’m sure i’ll have a few more questions in the near future when i try and put my Zero in a Snes case.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘New to RetroPie? Start Here!’ is closed to new topics and replies.