Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project Can't Run Updates/Installs – Connection Refused

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    bobbyt
    Participant

I’m starting a separate thread because I’ve effectively narrowed down my problem, but am not sure why it’s happening or how to fix it.

I don’t know if this is specific to the RetroPie image or something else specific to me.

I’ve found under the 2.3 image I cannot run any updates or installs.

When I do I get:
    Could not connect to mirrordirector.raspbian.org:80 (5.153.225.207). – connect (111: Connection Refused)

Anybody else know why this is happening

bobbyt
    Participant

OK, I just did some testing and determined *I* cannot load:

raspbian.org

From my internet connection.

I found I cannot even connect to it from my laptop, but I also found if I use some kind of proxy on my laptop I can load it… So it appears either my ISP (Time Warner) is blocking raspbian.org OR raspbian.org is blocking me…

I apparently will need to enable a proxy within my Raspberry PI in order to run updates…

bobbyt
    Participant

I actually ran across a thread on a raspbian forum which makes this look it might be a time warner name server issue. I should know for sure this weekend…

bobbyt
    Participant

I managed to get around the issue bu setting my system up to use an alternate mirror for apt-get…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.