Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project Can't Get Xbox360 Controller To Work

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi!
    I’ve been trying to get my xbox controller to work for days now and I can’t figure out what is wrong. I’m a linux noob so I might be missing something…

I have got the controller to work in the menu, I can scroll through games etc. I have gone through the ES-Config.

I have followed this guide:
    https://github.com/retropie/RetroPie-Setup/wiki/Setting-up-the-XBox360-controller
    And everything goes well until I come to this part:
    ./retroarch-joyconfig -o p1.cfg -p 1 -j 0
    then I get this message: “Couldn’t open joystick 0#”

I use this line in rc.local:
    “boxdrv –daemon –id 0 –led 2 –deadzone 4000 –silent –trigger-as-button &
    exit 0”

If anybody have any idea what is wrong I would be super grateful!

metzger
    Participant

Not sure if you typed it wrong on the forum or in your rc.local. it should be xboxdrv not boxdrv. Again, not sure if you typed it wrong here or if that is what is actually in your rc.local

ex0r
    Participant

You also may be using the wrong controller index (That was the issue with my xbox 360 controller).

Once it’s connected and the green light is on, go into terminal and navigate to /dev/input/ and find a device called js<number>. Take that number and use that in joyconfig. Mine for example, was index 1 not 0 so mine wouldn’t work until I set it up.

Anonymous
    Inactive

[quote=6559]Not sure if you typed it wrong on the forum or in your rc.local. it should be xboxdrv not boxdrv. Again, not sure if you typed it wrong here or if that is what is actually in your rc.local[/quote]
    Yeah sorry, that was just a typo here. xboxdrv in the actual file.

Anonymous
    Inactive

[quote=6561]You also may be using the wrong controller index (That was the issue with my xbox 360 controller).

Once it’s connected and the green light is on, go into terminal and navigate to /dev/input/ and find a device called js<number>. Take that number and use that in joyconfig. Mine for example, was index 1 not 0 so mine wouldn’t work until I set it up.
    [/quote]
    That was the problem! Apparently when I ran the esconfig the retroarch.cfg would set “input_player1_joypad_index = 0”, when it should be “input_player1_joypad_index = 1”.

Awsome, thanks man!

Now its time to make two controllers work :D

ex0r
    Participant

Two controllers seem to have a problem. I think its just the usb drivers for 360. They seem to be conflicting with one another.

metzger
    Participant

When you say the light is on, have you got the xbox conroller to actually stop flashing all 4 lights? mine just flashed constantly, does not show player 1 or 2 or whatever like when I use my xbox. Not sure if that is possible or not.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I got two controllers to work. BOth are not xbox controllers though. I have one snes usb controller.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.