Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    whiskypete
    Participant

Even with roms that will work in the mame emulator, I cannot get them to work with gngeo. I have the bios, I’ve run the roms through a tool to build them compatible to mame .106. I’m out of ideas. I have been able to get Metal Slug 2 to work in the mame emulator included with RetroPie, but haven’t been able to get that or anything else at all to work with Gngeo. Please help. Thank you!

whiskypete
    Participant

Also, before anyone points out, I know non-neogeo mame roms will not work in gngeo. I was just trying to show that I’ve gotten neogeo games to work in the mame emulator, but the same games will not run in gngeo.

romman
    Participant

did you get the mame roms to work before you compiled gngeo or did you have them both compiled at the same time?

i ran into a similar issue when i compiled gngeo after i compiled mame, i had to transfer the bios and the roms from mame to gngeo folder and load the bios then the game for it to run.

whiskypete
    Participant

Actually, I used a binaries-based installation. You said you had to transfer the bios and the roms from mame to gngeo? I have duplicate copies in each directory.  Did you load the bios by trying to run it as a game, then launch a different game in gngeo?

Thanks for the help. I really appreciate it. I’m trying to get everything ready for a full arcade cabinet build. I’m just about to start construction, actually. If anyone else has any insight into this problem, I could really use it!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.